Top standard medical knowledge is at the heart of each of the courses offered by Meditec Training and each delegate will leave the course feeling satisfied, with full competence and confidence with the new skills they have learnt. Each course member will be taught life-saving skills and will be able to put these into practice in front of the expert as many times as they need until they feel comfortable with the new skills they have acquired.
This Meditec Training paediatric first aid course takes its syllabus from the requirements of the Early Years foundation stage statutory framework. It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
This course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by parents, grandparents and professionals; including teachers, au pairs, child minders, nursery nurse’s playgroup leaders and any individual looking after young children.
12 contact hours - over a minimum of 2 days in the classroom consisting of practical and theoretical activities.
A formative final multi-choice question and answer paper will be used along with continuous assessment by the clinical training instructor in order to certify the student’s competence.
On completion of training, successful students should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider & the importance of preventing cross-infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- Use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation; adult, child and infant.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking; adult, child and infant.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of an asthma attack.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of anaphylactic shock.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of diabetic emergencies.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes and bruises, small splinters minor burns and scalds.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning; including bites and stings.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of various sprains, strains and fractures.
- Poisoning, bites and stings.
- Foreign objects.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of Childhood conditions; measles, meningitis & croup.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of head injuries and their differentiation.
At Meditec Training we take our training responsibility extremely seriously, you can take comfort in knowing that your course follows the most current and up to date legislation as set and regulated by the Early Years foundation stage statutory framework, all courses strictly adhere to the current guidelines of the Resuscitation Council (UK).
Meditec Training will issue a certificate of competence to those students it has assessed as competent through demonstrating satisfactory knowledge, skills and understanding in all aspects of the First Aid syllabus as listed above.