Top standard medical knowledge is at the heart of each of the courses offered by Meditec Training and each delegate will leave the course feeling satisfied, with full competence and confidence with the new skills they have learnt. Each course member will be taught life-saving skills and will be able to put these into practice in front of the expert as many times as they need until they feel comfortable with the new skills they have acquired.
This course provides the comprehensive set of practical skills needed to become a confident first aider at work, giving you both the ability and knowledge to deal with first aid emergencies. This course is designed for people who want to receive Meditec Training’s most in depth first aid training syllabus.
18 contact hours over a minimum of 3 days - in the classroom consisting of practical and theoretical activities.
A formative final practical assessment and multi-choice question and answer paper will be used along with continuous assessment by the clinical training instructor in order to certify the student’s competence.
On completion of training, successful students should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider & the importance of preventing cross-infection.
- The need for recording incidents and actions.
- Use of available equipment.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure).
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding.
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of an asthma attack.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of anaphylactic shock.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of diabetic emergencies.
- Recognising the signs, symptoms and management of both angina and heart attacks.
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes and bruises, small splinters minor burns and scalds.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with chest injuries.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with eye injuries.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning.
- Administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bone, muscle & joints, including the safe management of a casualty who has a suspected spinal injury.
At Meditec Training we take our training responsibility extremely seriously, you can take comfort in knowing that your course follows the most current and up to date legislation as set and regulated by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, all courses strictly adhere to the current guidelines of the Resuscitation Council (UK).
Meditec Training will issue a certificate of competence to those students it has assessed as competent through demonstrating satisfactory knowledge, skills and understanding in all aspects of the First Aid training syllabus as listed above. This guidance is issued by the Health and Safety Executive.